Saturday, August 15, 2009

PERIPHETES QUEZONICUS

One of the top 3 most beautiful species I found for my taste !!! Found the female on Mt Palakong together with Joachim Bresseel last early july 2009, we were already on our way going down at about midnight, when Joachim called me he spotted her on top of a big leaf ! I still can remember the happiness when we both held her ! The whole Palakong trip for me was based upon the wish to find that female species as I found the male only on a previous trip there. Back in Manila I (re)united both male and female, they paired quickly and eggs started immediately to be laid. They accepted immediately Rose as replacement plant. Both of them are still alive as of today and going strong still for my daily pleasures :)



























1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice, Theirry.
I remember the male that you had. I'm happy for you that you were able to find a female.
Kudos, my friend...
ben mabanta